Sunday, September 7, 2008

Greetings to all who find this blog in search of information or instructions on installing cement lap-siding or cement shingle panels. My web-site, heartyhangers.com, gives photos of my products and instructions for use. There is also a paypal link for ordering on-line. If you don't like using paypal you can contact me at  800-491-2755.
The basic hanger for lap-siding planks grew out of my need for assistance while working alone. These hangers allow you to take your hands off the plank after inserting it in the hanger brackets. You can reach for your nail gun, re-load it, answer your cell phone, whatever. Plus, the brackets are set at exactly the right lap, 1.25 inch, so you don't have to measure every time. This also improves production for a team. While one guy is installing siding with the Hearty Hangers his partner can be cutting the next board. It really streamlines production.
The shingle panel hangers are new and offer a versatile approach to installing these handsome shingle units. My first job with these panels utilized the ones with the non-uniform bottom edge. The first hangers we developed have three settings to comply with the notching system and the pattern employed on the non-uniform edge. The shingle hangers fit into the grooves on the panels, which are of consistant length. They are fixed in place by use of a cam, similar to the plank hangers except this cam compresses into the side of the groove. I found these hangers made the job amazingly simple. I've talked to some guys who preferred to struggle with measurements, levels and holding the cement wonders with their teeth - pride of accomplishment the hard way, I guess. I can't believe that it is faster that way. If you try this product and still prefer doing the job the hard way I would like to hear why.
I look forward to hearing from you siders, Happy hanging! God Bless!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just learned of your Hardie hangers and they are a fine idea. I am currently replacing the pressboards by myself on the 3 gables and struggled at first gable with straps, for the second gable I made 4 wooden fixtures ( using 2x4 stud slotted lenghtwise the height of the gable, a screw drive presses boards against the house, fixture held at the soffit and lower fascia board of a 2 story brick house) to position and hold the board before striking the first nail. This house has a drip edge at the bottom of the gable. Your hangers press against the bottom of the last placed board and looks like they need some clearance space at the bottom. In my application I may have to hang the first 2 runs by a conventional method and there after could use your hangers on the last 3 runs. Please comment.

While I got you, measuring the correct length on a gable to fit flush with the soffit and centered on a stud is the biggest challenge. Robert Illan (256) 880 9044 Home illanrob@juno.com